Comparison tools and simulators
The Banco de España offers two comparison tools to make your banking decisions easier:
- Payment account fee comparison tool (salary/pension account, young account, basic payment account, etc.).
- Interest rate and fee comparison tools for mortgage loans, personal loans, term deposits and other common financial products.
Both comparison tools are fed the information that the banks themselves submit periodically to the Banco de España.
Also, the Banco de España offers you a series of useful simulators to calculate, for example, the instalments of your mortgage or personal loan, the Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of a deposit or loan, or the date on which you would finish paying off your credit card debt and the amount of interest paid.
- Mortgage or personal loan instalments
- Loan instalment (mortgage or personal) if there is a grace period
- Early partial repayment of a loan (mortgage or personal)
- Calculate the APR of a personal loan
- Calculate the APR of a mortgage
- Simulator of deposits with remuneration in tranches: interests and APR
- Calculate the effective interest rate
- Spread applied to the index replacing banks and savings banks' (IRPH) or the Savings Banks' reference lending rate
- Work out the due date of a revolving card's last instalment
These simulators are also available on the mobile application.