How to submit a complaint
Complain to your bank
- Submit a written complaint to your bank's Customer Service Department or Ombudsman.
- If you do not agree with the decision or receive no reply as a consumer within one month - 15 working days in the case of payment services, whether as a consumer or micro firm - or two months, if you are not a consumer, you can approach the Banco de España.
Please prepare the documentation required by the Banco de España
- As the interested party, you need to provide proof of identify (name and surname or company name, address – for notification purposes-, Spanish ID number, foreign national identification number (NIE) or passport number and evidence that you are a legal representative, should this be the case).
- You need to specify the bank or banks about which you are making the complaint and the branches involved.
- You must prove that you have first complained to the bank´s Customer Service Department or Ombudsman.
- Please sign your complaint stating the place and date.
- Please do not forget to attach a photocopy of all the documentation supporting your complaint.
- Your claim will not be admitted if more than 6 years have passed since the time of the events without you having lodged a claim or complaint with us.