How to submit a complaint
Complain to your bank
- Submit a written complaint to your bank's Customer Service Department or Ombudsman.
- If you do not agree with their decision or do not receive a reply within a month (consumers) or two months (business customers), you may make a complaint to the Banco de España.
Please prepare the documentation required by the Banco de España
- As the interested party, you need to provide proof of identify (name and surname or company name, address – for notification purposes-, Spanish ID number, foreign national identification number (NIE) or passport number and evidence that you are a legal representative, should this be the case).
- You need to specify the bank or banks about which you are making the complaint and the branches involved.
- You must prove that you have first complained to the bank´s Customer Service Department or Ombudsman.
- Please sign your complaint stating the place and date.
Please do not forget to attach a photocopy of all the documentation supporting your complaint.