The Banco de España is committed to making its corporate portal accessible to all, including people with a disability, regardless of the browsing context, in compliance with the provisions of Ley de Services de la Sociedad de la Información y de Comercio Electrónico (PDF, 103 KB). Therefore, its website content at www.bde.es/webbde/en/ is being completely updated in order to make access as universal as possible.
The new design of clientebancario.bde.es aims to achieve the double A (AA) level of accessibility, in accordance with those Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 established by the W3C . The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is an international association comprising various organisations, personnel and the general public, who work together to develop standards which promote and disseminate best practices in web development.
This website aims to be accessible to everyone under equal conditions. Nonetheless, if you encounter any difficulty or wish to make a comment or suggestion, please do not hesitate to contact us by this contact form .
Main improvements implemented
- Font sizes are relative, allowing users to increase or decrease the size of text according to their visual needs.
- The images and tables contained in the pages provide a brief description of the information they contain. As a result, users of screen readers or text-only browsers can better understand the meaning of an image in a text and can use the summary to quickly assess whether the information is of interest to them.
- The main language of each page is identified, in addition to any changes in the natural language of the text. This allows users of screen readers and speech synthesisers to handle and understand the text more easily.
- The pages have a more logical internal structure, which allows users of screen readers or browsers such as Opera to access content more quickly.
- The XHTML code and CSS used adapt to the grammar approved by the W3C thus ensuring that different browsers and platforms display content correctly.
- The information has been separated from its graphic presentation so that those users who wish may browse the content faster by disabling the option for downloading style sheets in their browser.
We recommend a minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels. Nonetheless, the font sizes have been defined using relative units in order to allow font size to be increased or decreased from the browser options.
We are working to make all pages of Banco de España’s Portal for Banking Customers accessible.
As a general rule, this accessibility policy applies to all pages within the Portal for Banking Customers, except for simulators and pages located in the app server that begin with app.bde.es/. However, accessible versions of simulators that offer full functionality without having to use technology dependant on the device are available. These versions can be accessed through a link located on every simulator page.