Who can request them?
All credit institutions offering payment accounts shall be obliged to offer basic payment accounts to potential customers who:
- Reside legally in the European Union, even if they do not have a fixed address.
- Are asylum seekers.
- Do not have a residence permit but whose deportation is impossible.
Is there any reason why you can be denied the possibility of opening this type of account?
- You are already the holder of a current account in Spain.
- The opening of the account is against the interests of national security or public order.
- You do not provide the information requested by the institution to comply with its obligations regarding money laundering or terrorist financing.